|high speed data||television||antennas||microwaves||repeaters||miscellaneous|
Amateur television (ATV)
- A good pre-emphasis for the Comtech TV module !
- A simplified video control box, to manage the switchings in a small ATV station.
- Don't forget to see the "twist oscillator" in the "microwave" section. It's a good simple homemade device to transmit television signals in the 13 cm band.
- To receive Amateur TV signals, WFM, on the 23 cm band (Astra standard), nothing simpler than a standard, low cost, satellite demodulator. The device we describe here will enable you to evaluate the received levels. It is not a Smeter, but that resembles it!
Signals and measurements
- the preemphasis in Amateur Television : When one transmits a television signal, frequency modulated, one needs to preemphasize the video signal before modulation of the transmitter.
- the Vertical Insertion Test Signals in television : These invisible lines behind the screen which make it possible to appreciate the impairments undergone by the signal during its transmission. The realization of a simple device to visualize the VITS on the screen of an oscilloscope.
My favorite links
....... to be continued
If you have a website to propose : email
B5+ et 73 de Jean-François Fourcadier, F4DAY
As you can guess, english is not my mother-tongue. If you are living in UK or in the USA or in another english language country, you can help me to improve the quality of my website. Just send me an email with the mistakes you have detected (the biggest first ! ). Even one or two corrected sentences will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help !
© 2000-2004 J.F. Fourcadier F4DAY